IOCL Recruitment for Engineers/ Officers/ Assistant Officer (Quality Control) through GATE-2018.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) commonly known as IndianOil is an Indian state owned oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi. It is the largest commercial enterprise in the country, with a net profit of INR 19,106 crore (USD 2,848 million) for the financial year 2016–17. It is ranked 1st in Fortune India 500 list for year 2016 and 168th in Fortune’s ‘Global 500’ list of world’s largest companies in the year 2017. As of 31st March, 2017 IndianOil’s employee strength is 33,135, out of which 16,545 are in the officer cadre.
IndianOil’s business interests overlap the entire hydrocarbon value-chain, including refining, pipeline transportation, marketing of petroleum products, exploration and production of crude oil, natural gas and petrochemicals.
IndianOil has also ventured into alternative energy and globalization of downstream operations. It has subsidiaries in Sri Lanka (Lanka IOC), Mauritius (IndianOil (Mauritius) Ltd),and the Middle East (IOC Middle East FZE. IndianOil is scouting for new business opportunities in the energy markets across Asia and Africa. It has also formed about 20 joint ventures with reputed business partners from India and abroad to pursue diverse business interests. Indian Oil has its R&D Centre located in Faridabad, Delhi NCR
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only) in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2018.
- Candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE/ B.Tech in one of the above mentioned disciplines and should appear in GATE-2018 examination in the discipline of their BE/ B.Tech, are eligible to apply.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed (or are completing) the course requirement for award of BE/ B.Tech in one of the core disciplines advertised above and have completed (or are completing ME/ M.Tech by August, 2018). At the end of the programme, if selected in IndianOil, such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degree
- If a candidate pursues integrated ME/M.Tech Programmes and is awarded two separate degrees ie. BE/B.Tech and ME/M/Tech, then the % of marks/CGPA obtained by the candidates in BE/BTech will be considered to determine the eligibility of the candidates. If a single degree ie ME/M.Tech is awarded to the candidates at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme, then the consolidated marks obtained by the candidate at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility.
- Candidates completed /pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined/ integrated disciplines/ inter-disciplinary subjects like Mechatronics/ Robotics etc will not be eligible.
M.Sc in Chemistry:
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 60% marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates
Eligible Disciplines: Engineering Disciplines for selection as Officers/ Engineers/ GAEs
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/Oil/ Paint Technology/Surfactant Tech./Ceramics Engineering etc)
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/Environmental/Transportation engineering etc.)
- Computer Science & Information Technology ( including Computer Sc & Engineering, Information Technology Engineering but excluding Information & Communications Technology etc).
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/Telecommunication Engineering/Power Engineering etc.)
- Instrumentation Engineering (including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering etc.)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/ Bio-medical Engineering/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engg & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Robotics/ Welding etc.)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Including Mineral/ Material Sciences)
Eligible discipline for Selection as Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in Marketing Division:
- Candidates having M.Sc in Chemistry (full-time regular course only) will be considered for recruitment as Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in MARKETING DIVISION. M.Sc in Chemistry will mean M.Sc or equivalent degree either in Inorganic/ Organic/ Analytical/ Physical/Applied Chemistry. Candidates from other branches of Chemistry viz Bio-Chemistry/ Geo-Chemistry etc. will not be considered as eligible.
- Officers/ Engineers: Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2018 for general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
- Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in Marketing Division: Maximum 30 years as on 30th June, 2018 for general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
- Starting Date : 08-01-2018
- Last Date : 11-02-2018